Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 11.43.16 am

Fast Facts

  • Vocational schools can be added as a step in between secondary (high school) and college/ university
  • Canada hosted over 293,000 International Students in 2013 and since then numbers are only increasing
  • Consistent high quality education across the country
  • Canadian credentials are recognized around the world
  • Opportunities to work on and off campus
  • For best results, programs should be applied for 8 months before program start date


After Completing Your Canadian Education

Post-Grad Work Permits

  • Allows students to work in Canada after they have graduated from their Canadian Institution
  • A work permit may be issued for a period of time up to the length of the initial program, this is true up to a maximum of 3 years
  • Skilled Canadian work experience helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class
  • Cost for application – $155


Canadian Experience Class

  • Program used for International Students who recently graduated in Canada
  • Helps make the transition from temporary to permanent residence
  • Students may be eligible to stay in Canada permanently under the CEC


Are You Eligible to Work After Graduation?

To Obtain a Work Permit After Graduation You Must Meet the Following Requirements:

  • Have studied full time in Canada in a program at least 8 months in length
  • You must have graduated from:
    • A public post-secondary institution like a college, trade/ technical school or university
    • A private post-secondary institution that operates under the same rules as a public post-secondary institution
  • Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving an official letter or transcript saying you have met the requirements of you completing your academic program
  • Student must have completed and passed the program of study and received notification that you are eligible to receive your degree, diploma or certificate
  • Must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit